Succubus77

One Book Away From an Episode of Hoarders

I enjoy horror, thrillers, urban fantasy, steampunk, science fiction, mystery, speculative and dystopian fiction, humor, and paranormal romance (I like more plot than smut in my fiction, although I'm definitely not a prude) among others. about me In October, every October, I marathon 100+ horror movies so I'm not as active that month or November either (NaNoWriMo). My rating system is as follows: 1 star - I'd like my time back, thank you. 2 stars - I didn't care for it but I don't feel cheated. I'm not likely to subject myself to any of this author's other works. 3 stars - I enjoyed my time in the story and will more than likely read another book by the author some day. 4 stars - I really enjoyed this story and will definitely be interested in anything else the author writes. 5 stars - The real world didn't exist while I was reading this. I will likely maim anyone who interrupts me while I'm devouring everything in this author's bibliography

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkins
How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
Jax Garren
The Darkest Night - Gena Showalter
I wasn't sure I was going to like this book and it had been sitting on my shelf at home forever. That said, I kept an open mind and just dove in.

I really enjoyed the story. I liked Ashlyn. I really liked all the Lords although there were times I had to stop in the story to remind myself which demon went with each immortal. That was one of the reasons I couldn't give it 5 stars.

While Maddox and his demon had that whole caveman instinct where the LI was involved, it really didn't bother me.

I don't want to give anything away, spoiler-wise, but I suspected that __________ might actually be a ______________ about 150 pages before we were told.

Overall, I liked this book a lot and I will read the next one at least.