Succubus77

One Book Away From an Episode of Hoarders

I enjoy horror, thrillers, urban fantasy, steampunk, science fiction, mystery, speculative and dystopian fiction, humor, and paranormal romance (I like more plot than smut in my fiction, although I'm definitely not a prude) among others. about me In October, every October, I marathon 100+ horror movies so I'm not as active that month or November either (NaNoWriMo). My rating system is as follows: 1 star - I'd like my time back, thank you. 2 stars - I didn't care for it but I don't feel cheated. I'm not likely to subject myself to any of this author's other works. 3 stars - I enjoyed my time in the story and will more than likely read another book by the author some day. 4 stars - I really enjoyed this story and will definitely be interested in anything else the author writes. 5 stars - The real world didn't exist while I was reading this. I will likely maim anyone who interrupts me while I'm devouring everything in this author's bibliography

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkins
How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
Jax Garren
Revenge of the Witch - Joseph Delaney, Patrick  Arrasmith The style of writing was juvenile, not meant in a negative way at all. On the contrary, personally I would've devoured these books when I was in elementary school. Of course, I never did scare easily (I'd gone through the horror section of both the public library and video store before I hit double digits in age). The witches were scary, or would be with the correct audience. Witches who are bound to their bones so they are still a threat after death. Witches who aren't bound and are still a threat after death. Using children's blood in rituals, a few deaths, a truly haunted house. It would be too much for some children, and some adults for that matter. For me, it wasn't even creepy. It was interesting though, and overall, I enjoyed reading it.

It reminded me a lot of the old Grimm Fairy tales. Not the sanitized versions, the originals. I liked the storyline and plot, and I may one day read another in the series. I'm just not overly eager to do it anytime soon. I just don't think I'm the target audience any longer.

This book reminds me of a quote by C. S. Lewis, "A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest." It's a good story and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.

I've heard they are making it into a movie called The Seventh Son, I look forward to seeing that if it pans out. Its in Post-Production, so that's a good sign.