Succubus77

One Book Away From an Episode of Hoarders

I enjoy horror, thrillers, urban fantasy, steampunk, science fiction, mystery, speculative and dystopian fiction, humor, and paranormal romance (I like more plot than smut in my fiction, although I'm definitely not a prude) among others. about me In October, every October, I marathon 100+ horror movies so I'm not as active that month or November either (NaNoWriMo). My rating system is as follows: 1 star - I'd like my time back, thank you. 2 stars - I didn't care for it but I don't feel cheated. I'm not likely to subject myself to any of this author's other works. 3 stars - I enjoyed my time in the story and will more than likely read another book by the author some day. 4 stars - I really enjoyed this story and will definitely be interested in anything else the author writes. 5 stars - The real world didn't exist while I was reading this. I will likely maim anyone who interrupts me while I'm devouring everything in this author's bibliography

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkins
How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
Jax Garren
Mind Games - Carolyn Crane Oh my...

First of all I adored this book. I loved all of the neurotic characters. It really felt like I was IN the book, rather than just reading it. I could actually feel the tension.

I like the idea of disillusioning criminals so that they reform on their own. Its clever and original, especially in the dense forest of Urban Fantasy/PNR plots.

I never did care for Cubby but I think it was because Justine didn't really care about Cubby either. I love LOVE Packard. Even if, or especially because, he is a dangerous hero. Otto Sanchez, I'm ambivalent on. I like him because she likes him.

I can see the attraction but I'm so completely on the Packard ship, Sanchez is nothing but a dot on the horizon.

I've already put the rest of the series on my TBR list. I can't wait to read them.

Sorry for the crappy review, I just finished the book and I'm in my glory hour :)