Succubus77

One Book Away From an Episode of Hoarders

I enjoy horror, thrillers, urban fantasy, steampunk, science fiction, mystery, speculative and dystopian fiction, humor, and paranormal romance (I like more plot than smut in my fiction, although I'm definitely not a prude) among others. about me In October, every October, I marathon 100+ horror movies so I'm not as active that month or November either (NaNoWriMo). My rating system is as follows: 1 star - I'd like my time back, thank you. 2 stars - I didn't care for it but I don't feel cheated. I'm not likely to subject myself to any of this author's other works. 3 stars - I enjoyed my time in the story and will more than likely read another book by the author some day. 4 stars - I really enjoyed this story and will definitely be interested in anything else the author writes. 5 stars - The real world didn't exist while I was reading this. I will likely maim anyone who interrupts me while I'm devouring everything in this author's bibliography

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkins
How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
Jax Garren
Lover Revealed - J.R. Ward While Butch is not my favorite Brother, he's definitely on my top 5 list. I loved rereading his story again. It was agonizing to go through his and Marissa's problems again, even knowing it was going to have a HEA.

V just breaks my heart though. The first book in the series I read was V's book. I don't usually read out of order but the library had V's book listed as the first in the series and after reading it, I was completely in love with him. The UST between him and Butch still kills me. And the whole scene in his Penthouse when he's drunk and despondent... never fails to affect me.

And poor John, he's so confused and hurt and angry all the time. It was good to see him start to open up again. His walks with Zsadist will help him, later, and I was still happy to see Lash get his butt kicked again.

I especially love the line about the night of firsts. Sex. Arson. Pants.

Back to the main storyline, the only nitpicky little thing I dislike is that it took so long for them to hammer out their issues. Especially since they have been dancing around each other for a couple of books now. It seemed like Z had an easier time coming around with all his problems and heaven knows that Brother has more baggage than Samsonite.

Regardless, I'm still in love with the series although I still have a hard time not skipping all the scenes with the lessors like I always do when I first read them.