Succubus77

One Book Away From an Episode of Hoarders

I enjoy horror, thrillers, urban fantasy, steampunk, science fiction, mystery, speculative and dystopian fiction, humor, and paranormal romance (I like more plot than smut in my fiction, although I'm definitely not a prude) among others. about me In October, every October, I marathon 100+ horror movies so I'm not as active that month or November either (NaNoWriMo). My rating system is as follows: 1 star - I'd like my time back, thank you. 2 stars - I didn't care for it but I don't feel cheated. I'm not likely to subject myself to any of this author's other works. 3 stars - I enjoyed my time in the story and will more than likely read another book by the author some day. 4 stars - I really enjoyed this story and will definitely be interested in anything else the author writes. 5 stars - The real world didn't exist while I was reading this. I will likely maim anyone who interrupts me while I'm devouring everything in this author's bibliography

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkins
How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
Jax Garren
Paranormalcy - Kiersten White This is the typical YA Paranormal Romance book. It's fluffy and made me very happy when I was reading it. Evie has shades of early Buffy going on. She's very girly but I didn't find that annoying. It helps that she's strong enough to fend for herself, usually.

I loved Lend too. The cover is very pretty but it doesn't quite match the story.

This book follows Evie as she goes through her jobs at the ICPA as the only known agent (or person) who can see through the glamours that paranormals cast. Then all hell breaks lose. Tricky fae abound. Although there are plenty of deaths, I never got the feeling that the book was heavy. I'm definitely going to read the rest of the trilogy.