Succubus77

One Book Away From an Episode of Hoarders

I enjoy horror, thrillers, urban fantasy, steampunk, science fiction, mystery, speculative and dystopian fiction, humor, and paranormal romance (I like more plot than smut in my fiction, although I'm definitely not a prude) among others. about me In October, every October, I marathon 100+ horror movies so I'm not as active that month or November either (NaNoWriMo). My rating system is as follows: 1 star - I'd like my time back, thank you. 2 stars - I didn't care for it but I don't feel cheated. I'm not likely to subject myself to any of this author's other works. 3 stars - I enjoyed my time in the story and will more than likely read another book by the author some day. 4 stars - I really enjoyed this story and will definitely be interested in anything else the author writes. 5 stars - The real world didn't exist while I was reading this. I will likely maim anyone who interrupts me while I'm devouring everything in this author's bibliography

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkins
How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
Jax Garren
Skinwalker - Faith Hunter I don’t know for sure but it felt like this book had a bit of “first book syndrome” going on. I felt lukewarm towards it at the beginning and honestly, I skimmed a bit when she was describing rooms. The inner dialogue of the Beast took some getting used to as well.

I did enjoy the characters and I liked Jane. The last quarter of the book really took off and I couldn't put it down until after the epilogue. I liked all the nicknames too, Bruiser and Troll especially. I liked Leo and I really hope the twins make another appearance in a later book.