Succubus77

One Book Away From an Episode of Hoarders

I enjoy horror, thrillers, urban fantasy, steampunk, science fiction, mystery, speculative and dystopian fiction, humor, and paranormal romance (I like more plot than smut in my fiction, although I'm definitely not a prude) among others. about me In October, every October, I marathon 100+ horror movies so I'm not as active that month or November either (NaNoWriMo). My rating system is as follows: 1 star - I'd like my time back, thank you. 2 stars - I didn't care for it but I don't feel cheated. I'm not likely to subject myself to any of this author's other works. 3 stars - I enjoyed my time in the story and will more than likely read another book by the author some day. 4 stars - I really enjoyed this story and will definitely be interested in anything else the author writes. 5 stars - The real world didn't exist while I was reading this. I will likely maim anyone who interrupts me while I'm devouring everything in this author's bibliography

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkins
How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
Jax Garren
Dying Bites - D.D. Barant I think that any book with a main character who has a sarcastic, biting wit has a good chance of being a hit with me. We have our bad ass female agent, Jace, whom I knew I liked in the first 5 pages. Then we have the culture shock as she's thrust into a parallel universe with Golems, Vampires, and Weres where humans make up only about 1% of the population. I really liked the support characters too. I especially loved Charlie and wish there was more of him in it.

I liked that although everything was vastly different, there were many similarities.

I was kind of disappointed in the personal interactions, or the lack of depth in the existing ones, but I understand that this is the first of the series. There is all the world building and character introductions, and not only that but our main character is certainly a fish out of water and she has every intention of getting back to her own pond, sooner rather than later, so she has no desire to get too close to the ‘people' living in this other universe.

I'm definitely going to read the next book in this series.