Succubus77

One Book Away From an Episode of Hoarders

I enjoy horror, thrillers, urban fantasy, steampunk, science fiction, mystery, speculative and dystopian fiction, humor, and paranormal romance (I like more plot than smut in my fiction, although I'm definitely not a prude) among others. about me In October, every October, I marathon 100+ horror movies so I'm not as active that month or November either (NaNoWriMo). My rating system is as follows: 1 star - I'd like my time back, thank you. 2 stars - I didn't care for it but I don't feel cheated. I'm not likely to subject myself to any of this author's other works. 3 stars - I enjoyed my time in the story and will more than likely read another book by the author some day. 4 stars - I really enjoyed this story and will definitely be interested in anything else the author writes. 5 stars - The real world didn't exist while I was reading this. I will likely maim anyone who interrupts me while I'm devouring everything in this author's bibliography

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkins
How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
Jax Garren
Nightfall - Ellen Connor The cover made me think it was a bodice-ripper and the synopsis seemed more urban fantasy than dystopian. It's been on my shelf at home FOREVER.

I really liked this book. It basically chronicles the start of the Dark Age where all technology fails and horrible beasts hunt the survivors. We follow one of these groups of survivors as they try to survive the change and adapt to the new world.

This book is dark and gritty with very little levity but it never felt heavy and oppressive. There was some romance and some sex but not nearly as much as I imagined from the cover.
I enjoyed getting to know the characters and being a fly on the wall in this world.

I'll be seeking the next two in the near future if nothing else to see what becomes of Penny and Tru.