Succubus77

One Book Away From an Episode of Hoarders

I enjoy horror, thrillers, urban fantasy, steampunk, science fiction, mystery, speculative and dystopian fiction, humor, and paranormal romance (I like more plot than smut in my fiction, although I'm definitely not a prude) among others. about me In October, every October, I marathon 100+ horror movies so I'm not as active that month or November either (NaNoWriMo). My rating system is as follows: 1 star - I'd like my time back, thank you. 2 stars - I didn't care for it but I don't feel cheated. I'm not likely to subject myself to any of this author's other works. 3 stars - I enjoyed my time in the story and will more than likely read another book by the author some day. 4 stars - I really enjoyed this story and will definitely be interested in anything else the author writes. 5 stars - The real world didn't exist while I was reading this. I will likely maim anyone who interrupts me while I'm devouring everything in this author's bibliography

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkins
How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
Jax Garren
Under Wraps - Hannah Jayne Even knowing that this book was on the Angel shelf, it took me until 3/4 of the way through it to figure out that there was an angel in it, and who it was.

This book was ok. I was a bit bored of the fashion show it seemed to be waltzing around but it was a decent urban fantasy. A bit formulaic. Hot guy(s), spunky best friend, regular girl suddenly finding herself over her head and needing to rescued by said hot guy.
I liked Steve the troll, and his way of speaking in the third person was amusing. I liked Louis, or should I say Vlad, and his VERM agenda. I suppose it could be considered a good thing that I never suspected the Big Bad but it really felt like it came out of left field.

It felt like Stephanie Plum in the Twilight Zone, except that Stephanie was not quite that bad at firearms... EVER.

I'll probably read the next book in the series but I'm not overly eager to get started on them.