Succubus77

One Book Away From an Episode of Hoarders

I enjoy horror, thrillers, urban fantasy, steampunk, science fiction, mystery, speculative and dystopian fiction, humor, and paranormal romance (I like more plot than smut in my fiction, although I'm definitely not a prude) among others. about me In October, every October, I marathon 100+ horror movies so I'm not as active that month or November either (NaNoWriMo). My rating system is as follows: 1 star - I'd like my time back, thank you. 2 stars - I didn't care for it but I don't feel cheated. I'm not likely to subject myself to any of this author's other works. 3 stars - I enjoyed my time in the story and will more than likely read another book by the author some day. 4 stars - I really enjoyed this story and will definitely be interested in anything else the author writes. 5 stars - The real world didn't exist while I was reading this. I will likely maim anyone who interrupts me while I'm devouring everything in this author's bibliography

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkins
How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
Jax Garren
Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James I finally succumbed to the hype and got this from my library's ebook collection.

It wasn't good. It wasn't awful. There were some parts that were interesting but mostly it was like watching a horrific accident. You just couldn't look away.

Not at all a healthy relationship between the two leads. I didn't dislike Christian or Anastasia but I think they could use some counseling. I'm not stating this because of the D/s aspects of the book. It is obvious to me, as the reader, that there are some deep seated issues that both of our characters have.

A flawed character is interesting but I can't bring myself to care about whether either of them resolve their problems.